13 April 2017

What I've Been Reading: March 2017.

Since I started doing monthly posts of what I've been reading, I've definitely upped my game. I was getting lazy on the reading front before that but I make it through six or seven books a month... not including the books I don't finish, which I don't include in these posts.




I kicked off March with a corker of a series. The Burn for Burn series by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian definitely threw me through a loop. Three girls bond together to help each other get revenge on those who've wronged them. The first book is good but the other two book are amazing with a twist you won't see coming! I definitely recommend this series. I want to check out more books from Siobhan Vivian as I read The List in February and really enjoyed that too.



I then moved on to two books by Courtney Summers. They aren't a series, they're each standalone novels. Some Girls Are left more of an impression on me that Cracked Up To Be but they were both really good. I definitely need to read more by Courtney Summers as I love her writing style. Some Girls are is probably my favourite out of all the books I read in March and the one I'd recommend most, so definitely check it out. There's a slight romance in the book but it centres more on female friendships... It's basically like mean girls magnified.


I found the first book in An Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle a little slow but that could be because I'm not too into my horror fiction. The book was good, it's not one of the books that I gave up on in March but it wasn't enough for me to want to finish the rest of the series.


I bloody loved Ascenders by C L Gaber, it has a very unique storyline and I finished it pretty quickly and headed onto the second book in the series. The first book is amazing but I couldn't even finish the second. There were too many new characters introduced in one go that I just lost interest. While I didn't love Skypunch, the follow up, Ascenders is definitely worth checking out.

Click below to check out my previous monthly reading posts.
February 2017.
October 2016.

You can also follow me on bloglovin to stay up to date with new posts.
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment