17 December 2016

What I've Been Reading: November 2016.


If you're missing GBBO, you'll definitely enjoy this. Paul Hollywood himself even makes a cameo! Ellie is happily married and her husband has made no secret of the fact that he thinks they're ready to start trying for a baby. But is Ellie ready? Does she even want a baby? Easy read and fairly cheap as an ebook on Amazon.


This book is set in a reality where some children are born with powers and abilities that normal children aren't. These children are known as defective and sent to the institute. Allira's brother is defective and her family have spent their lives moving so they can protect him. That changes the night Allira witnesses a car crash and pulls two teenage boys from the car. I liked this book, just not enough to immediately jump into the rest of the books in the series.


Dark Magic is the sixth and final book in the Clearwater Witches series. I read the other five books during the summer and I loved them so this was downloaded on my kindle as soon as I realised it was out. The final book wraps everything up nicely though it wasn't quite what I was expecting.


If you read my post for what I read in October, you'll know that the prequel and the first book of the Friends series by Monica Murphy were on that list. The Second book came out in November and, bonus! It centers on Tuttle and Amanda, who are undoubtedly my favourite couple of the series. I can't wait to read more!


Now, usually when I don't like a book, I'll give up on it and stop reading. For some reason, I kept reading this when I really should of stopped. It must of been the high rating it has on GoodReads, I was convinced it was going to get better the longer I read. Unfortunately, it didn't. It focuses on Kat and Gavin, her teacher. They meet and hook up on her eighteenth birthday without realising she will be one of his students. The problem for me is that this book involves so many cliches and tropes. Kat has the worst life possible (Alcoholic mom, getting gang raped, getting pregnant from that, losing the baby and then working as a stripper) and meeting Gavin just somehow fixes it all?! This book just was not for me but I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. Thumbs down.


Moving on to a book I actually loved! Ryen and Misha are pen pals from different schools. They were paired with each other when they were both mistaken for the opposite sex. For the seven years they've been writing to each other, they've never met and had a no social media rule in place. That changes when Misha sees Ryen's name mentioned in a video he watches on Facebook. I don't want to give too much away so all I will say is that this book blew me away! Definite must read!



There are the first two books in the New England Witch Chronicles series. They're quick and easy reads. The series centers on Alexandria as she heads towards her sixteenth birthday. A local girl from another school has disappeared and been found hung it the local woods. The rumours are that the girl was involved in witchcraft. Alexandria has a nightmare as if she was living the missing girls final moments, along with a reoccurring nightmare of being chased through the cemetary. There are four books in the series and it's a series I'd recommend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment