4 February 2017

What I've Been Reading: January 2017.


My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent is the first book in the Soul Screamers series. I added this to my 'to read' list on goodreads as I hadn't seen any other series that focused on the mythology of banshees. Maybe there's a good reason for that as it just didn't translate well to page. And after learning about Banshees from watching Teen Wolf and seeing the gloriousness of Lydia Martin (Has anyone else LOVED season 6? What a ride!), no other banshee is going to compare! I won't be continuing this series but that's just me, everyone's different.


How To Build a Girl has been on my radar for a while and I finally got round to reading it. It's about Johanna Morrigan, a girl from the midlands as she transforms herself into Dolly Wilde in a big to become a music critic. There were parts I liked as well as parts I disliked and some parts that made me chuckle out loud, especially when she gets cystitis after sleeping with a character whose name I can't actually remember, but who has a very big dick!


This was a quick read but a good one. Zander has been sent to a camp for at risk teens and become friends with three other campers. The cover and title are slightly misleading as it makes it seem like Zander and Grover's relationship is the core focus of the book but this actually takes a backseat to Zander's relationship with Cassie. I loved Cassie, she was so flawed but that's what made me want to know more about her and I found the ending of the book so satisfying as I cared about Cassie the most out of all the characters.


Cut To The Bone is Alex Caan's debut novel and oh my god, it is brilliant! Ruby Day is a youtuber and the book starts after she has been reported as missing and videos are uploaded online by her captor. This was such a ride from start to finish and I couldn't predict why Ruby was taken or who had taken her. In an age where youtube is taking off the way it is, the idea behind this book is genius. I'll definitely be rereading this at some point, I just loved it and I feel like I can't rave about it enough to do it justice. Just go read it!


Where do I start with Harley & Rose? This book totally blindsided me. I went into it thinking it was going to be an easy read, the first half of the book was enjoyable... The second half is a total 180 which hit me right in the feels! I wish I'd been prepared and had some tissues ready for the tears which escaped while reading this.


It's been a while since I loved a book so much, I knew I'd want to read it again and I thought after reading Cut To The Bone, I'd have to wait a while to find another. I wasn't expecting to come across another in the same month! The Bad Ones is dark, twisted and oh so hot. Dulcie is the girl from the wrong side of town, Constantine is the mayor's son and they bring out the dark side in each other. It had a slight Heathers vibe going on, Constantine definitely reminds me of JD and that can only be a good thing as there is a reason that is my favourite film. This won't be to everyone's taste but I can't rate it highly enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment