9 March 2017

What I've Been Reading: February 2017.


Damned is the fourth book in the Kassidy Bell Series, which a series I love but this book didn't live up to the first three. I definitely recommend the series as a whole but this book was just anti-climatic. If you want to read more about this series and find out what it's about, you can read a previous blog post here.

This was a good, quick book and the first novel by Jessica Sorensen I've read. This is the first book in the series but I'm not in any rush to start reading the others. I really enjoyed the style of writing so I'm sure I'll be adding more books by this author to my Goodreads 'to read' list!


I really enjoyed this book. The list the book is titled after comes out every year at the high school the book takes place at. Two girls from each grade are named on the list, one as the prettiest and one as the ugliest. The point of view switches during the book as it follows the journey of the eight girls named on the list. It was such an interesting read and Sarah was my favourite out of all of them. The ending was the only thing that disappointed me. There wasn't much closure for most of the girls and it was left very open ended.


I love love LOVED this book. Honestly, how can anyone read this and not fall for Lucas?! Jacqueline has just been dumped by her long-term boyfriend and leaves a party by herself. She gets assaulted by one of her ex's fraternity brothers and gets rescued by Lucas. This book is very highly rated on Goodreads and after reading it, it's easy (no pun intended!) to see why.


I liked this book, though it was a difficult read at times. It won't be for everyone as it contains massive triggers for anyone who has been a victim of an assault or rape. I found one particular scene near the ending rather upsetting. The book focuses on Brooke and begins at the funeral of her best friend, Beth. Brooke knows the reason Beth killed herself and plans to get revenge for Beth. This book is going to stay with me for a long time, which proves how much of a good read it is.


Another book I really enjoyed last month! This was such a gripping book, I had no idea what to expect when I started reading it but as soon as I did, I lapped this up! Definite recommend and probably my favourite out of everything I read in February. The book starts after Charlie's death and Grace is struggling to come to terms with losing her best friend. Grace tries to find Charlies father and finds Anna instead, a girl claiming to be Charlie's sister. Soon after Anna is living with Grace and her boyfriend, Grace is being followed and her boyfriend starts acting strangely. This was such a great book and I had no idea how it was going to end. I'll be checking out more books by Louise Jensen for sure!


I'll be honest here, I'm going to be a complete downer on this book. I found it boring and I don't understand the high rating it has on Goodreads at all! Slow and predictable, it was almost a chore to finish it. Thumbs down.


I really wanted to love this book, but I can only say I liked it at most. I love Jessica Grace Coleman's Little Forest series so much, (You can read a blog post about that here.) that my expectations were set pretty high. The downfall just didn't meet them, my own fault, but it was still an entertaining read. I loved the mention of Beth and co from Little Forest in the first chapter though!

Click below to find out what I read in the past months.
January 2017.
December 2016.
November 2016.

October 2016.

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with new posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment