14 May 2017

What I've Been Reading: April 2017.


I got this as a kindle pre-release on amazon for 99p and I didn't quite know what to expect from it. In the end, I'm so glad I chose this over the other prereleases on offer that month! This was great and the two times I guessed what was going to happen were both wrong. One of my favourite books from last month, a definite recommend.


This was a book I was very eager for as I'd been loving the Friends series by Monica Murphy. I'm not sure if this is the last book in the series or not but it ties everything up nicely. Like the previous book, this one focuses on Jordan and Amanda who are my favourite couple in the series. I really hope there are more books to come though as there are a few characters who haven't been given their moment to shine yet!


How gorgeous is the cover of this book! I really enjoyed this book. It starts with the main character, Jill, waking up in hospital after being involved in a car crash on a school trip which she has no memory of. Her best friend was also in the car but died and witness statements say it looked like the car was crashed on purpose. As the reader we get to read police interviews and statements as we, as well as Jill, are left wondering if she did crash the car on purpose and why she would be compelled to do such. Such a good read!


This was my most easy read of the month. Pretty predictable but nice and lighthearted, with a little humour added in for good measure. I won't be reading the rest of the books in the series as it didn't blow me away but this would be a beach read for the summer.


My other favourite of the month. I read through this so quickly, I could hardly put it down. Hannah hardly suffers from anxiety and hardly goes out. The book starts as new neighbours move into the house opposite to her own. She's able to see into their home and thinks the daughter, April is in danger from her parents. April seems withdrawn, quiet and even holds up a sign saying 'Help' up to her bedroom window so that Hannah can see it. I wouldn't have been able to predict the ending of this book even if I'd tried but the twist you won't see coming is what makes this book so great! If I had to choose only one book I read from last month to pass on to others, it would be this one!

I do these every month so if you want to check out previous posts, just click on the links below.
March 2017.
February 2017.
January 2017.
December 2016.
November 2016.
October 2016.

Don't forget you can also follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with new posts.
Danni
X

No comments:

Post a Comment