26 April 2017

Look Incredible Deluxe Box, April 2017.




Look Incredible's deluxe box is the best subscription beauty box I've tried so far and I've discovered a new favourite within April's box!
Th deluxe box costs £35 a month with postage included but they also do a standard box. The standard used to cost £18.99 plus £2.49 postage though I believe the price is going up to £24.99 starting with May's box. The price of the deluxe box is staying the same so there isn't that much between them price wise. Both boxes contain 4 to 6 full size items but the overall value for the deluxe box is higher.

Let's take a look at what was in this month's box!



Tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint in XOXO (RRP £15)
I am so pleased with this beauty! This is one of the best liquid lipsticks I've tried, the staying power on this is amazing. I got the shade XOXO, which instantly makes me think of Gossip Girl, but the more common shade among subscribers boxes seems to be Delish. XOXO is the perfect red for me, it's a shade I would have chosen myself. I also love the shape of the doe foot applicator as it has a slight curve which makes applying this an absolute breeze.


Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Navy (RRP £12)
I'd previously had this eyeliner in black but passed this on as I have other liquid eyeliners I preferred over it and I don't tend to use eyeliner that much. I'll be keeping this one though as I love the navy colour.



Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight in Champagne Pop (RRP £24)
What's this?! Are my eyes deceiving me or is that a Becca product in the box?!... That was my exact reaction when I saw this. Disbelief followed by excitement. Unfortunately this slim cream stick doesn't live up to the hype that the powder highlighters have earnt! It swatched nicely on my hand but when I used it on my face, I couldn't even see a difference! I've passed this onto my mum who is gaining quite the makeup collection of her own!

L-R: Tarte XOXO, Eyeko navy eyeliner, Becca Champagne Pop.

Spa Retreats Indulgence Smoothing Body Scrub (RRP £12)
The only gripe I have with these boxes are these repeat offenders. Spa Retreats Indulgence have popped up a lot over the past months and I'm still working my way through a body scrub I got in a different sent at the end of last year. This one though, is rose scented so it's a no straight away from me. Don't like it, buh-bye!


Perricone MD Blue Plasma (RRP £79)
The total value for this month's box is £142 and a big chunk of that is owing to this stuff! For a £79 pricetag, I'm expectating a lot from this but the reviews available online are nothing but good. I'm going to try the suggested patch test first as I can suffer from reactions to some products but if goes well, I'll be adding this into my daily skincare routine. I checked out a few videos online and one mentioned the gross fishy smell. I hadn't thought to have a sniff beforehand but I did after watching that! It contains salmon egg enzyme so it isn't the nicest smell in the whole but it also wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm thinking about doing a blog post after using this for a while so I can do a proper review.

So that is this month's box. My favourite product is the Tarte Lip Paint, but I'm excited to use the blue plasma. Look Incredible have really stepped up their game this year so I'm excited to see what they have to offer next month.

What do you think to this month's edition?

Don't forget you can follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with new posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment