6 November 2016

Look Incredible Deluxe Box, October 2016.



When I heard that the October edition of Look Incredible's deluxe box was going to be a collab with WhichBeautyBoxUK, I was beyond excited. I'm a regular follower of her blog so my expectations for this box were set pretty high.

Unfortunately this box just didn't live up to it, but that's just me.


Japonesque Makeup Setting Spray (RRP £29)
I'd never heard of this brand before but the RRP of this seems pretty hefty for a setting spray! I'll definitely be using this more often to see how it compares to cheaper sprays. I've only used it once so far but it did the job!


MAC Upward Lash Mascara (RRP £19)
This is definitely the saving grace of this box! I hadn't tried any Mac mascaras previously so I was excited to try this. OMG, I love it! It kept my lashes curled all day, which is a rarity for me! I'll be reaching for this a lot more in the coming months.


Aromatherapy Associates Support Breathe Rollerball (RRP £17)
The first product I'm a little miffed by... I don't understand why this is in the box at all! This rollerball contains tea tree oil, peppermint oil and eucalyptus with the idea that you roll it on your pulse points to maintain easy breathing during colds or flu. So no cold, no use for this! Even when I do have a cold, I won't be reaching for this as I'd like to smell of my chosen perfume, not tea tree oil! Pass the vick stick instead to help me breathe!


Too Faced Perfect Lips Liner in Perfect Pink (RRP  £15)
This is something I'll definitely be using. Perfect Pink is a dusky pink and the colour I probably would have picked myself if I'd been given a choice. I'm definitely loving all the Too Faced that's been appearing in Look Incredible over the last few months.


Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Cleasing Towelettes x 2 (RRP10?!)
Here's where the box really goes downhill for me! Two travel packs of makeup wipes... Firstly, they are clearly not worth £10 but I think the RRP of these have been bumped to to make the overall value seem more than the standard box. These would have been better in the standard box, not a box that costs £35. Yes, I will use these wipes but I don't get why they were chosen to go in the box in the first place.


The deluxe box from Look Incredible is usually very makeup heavy, something that made me change to the deluxe from the standard box. This box just wasn't worth the extra money when compared to October's standard box, which is more consistent month after month. So I've cancelled my deluxe subscription and will be getting the standard box again!

Do you have any Look Incredible boxes? What did you think to October's offerings?


No comments:

Post a Comment