15 March 2016

Book Series I've Been Loving Recently.

Since buying a Kindle, I've discovered a lot of new authors and series so I thought I'd share a couple of them with you. The two series that I'm going to mention have had me hooked, as soon as I finished one book, I had to start the next. The last series that got the same reaction from me was the Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout and I read that over a year ago. I'd been trying to find a series that drew me in as much as that did and if you haven't read the Lux series, I definitely recommend checking it out!

Both of these series have supernatural themes running throughout them, but don't automatically jump to the conclusion of 'girl falls for boy, boy is vampire/witch/werewolf'... delete where appropriate! These series are so different from that cliche and that is what makes these series so special.





Little Forest Series By Jessica Grace Coleman.
I read The Former World as it was a free ebook on amazon (though this is not true anymore, unlucky folks.) I made it through all five ebooks in about two weeks. The series centres around Beth Powers and her friends who live in the village of Little Forest in Covershire. Beth is no ordinary girl, she's a gazer, meaning she can see spectres visiting from the former world. Book one sets the series up nicely and every book has it's own mystery. Taking aside the supernatural stuff, the relationships developing throughout the series are written perfectly, including the dynamic of Beth and Will, who I've been rooting for since book one.

If you're interested in checking out this series on kindle, you can get books 1 to 4 in a boxset here




Kassidy Bell Series by Lynda O'Rourke.
Drug was the second ever purchase I made on my kindle after buying it last summer. I sped through the first two books pretty quickly, but the third book, Demon, was only released about three weeks ago... And I finished that in a day, I was so eager to read it.
The series starts with a drug trial, or at least that's what the volunteers think they've signed up for. The volunteers are injected with VA20, something they've agreed to to make some easy money, but instead they end up fighting for their lives. The first book is only 99p on Kindle, in fact the whole series so far costs just over £5 which is a complete bargain. I guarantee if you read the first book, you'll be hooked and want to read the rest! 

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of any of these books, definitely want to have a read of some, also, i have just nominated you for the Liebster awards, for more information see here: http://sprinkleofaimeex.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/liebster-awards.html x

    http://sprinkleofaimeex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete